Technology has come a long way over the last 50 years. These advancements have allowed homeowners to make their living space more comfortable and easier to maintain. That’s why it comes as no surprise that so many people are taking the wood out of window and door frames and replacing them with aluminium.
If you’re still not convinced as to whether you should make the aluminium change to your home, here is a comparison between wood and aluminium.
Advantages to aluminium:
- The most cost-effective option for South African window frames and doors
- Can be easily customised for specific home need and styles
- Does not rot, unlike wooden window frames and doors
- Is practical and essentially maintenance-free
- Comes in a variety of colours to suit your personal style and environment
- Stylish with a modern, streamlined aesthetic
- Easy to install
Disadvantages to aluminium:
- Improper installation may limit insulation
Now that we’ve gone through the pros and cons of aluminium doors and windows, let’s have a quick rundown of the advantages and disadvantages of wooden frames.
Advantages to wood:
- Can be customised to be more aesthetically pleasing
- Natural insulator and can be very energy efficient
- Can come in a variety of finishes
Disadvantages to wood:
- Require regular maintenance to protect against damage from the sun and rain
- Wood rot spreads quickly and repairing or replacing the window frame or door is expensive and time-consuming
- Works out to be more expensive than aluminium after it has been installed, glazed, varnished, and painted
With the pros and cons weighed up, it is easy to see why aluminium has become the medium of choice for window and door frames across South Africa for both businesses and homes. Aluminium is an easy choice to help improve your lifestyle and security at home.
Before and after
We could tell you about the superior quality of aluminium frames, but a picture does our conversions so much more justice than words.
Our latest project entailed the removal of outdated wooden windows and door frames, which were replaced with sleek and elegant aluminium frames.